Cradling Drill #6A: Steph’s Bull Dodge With A Dump Pass
- Demo: "Bull Rush"
- Variation #1 (5 min): "Repetitive Dump Passes." Start with a row of pairs, evenly spaced along the side-boards (east-west) or the end-boards (north-south), standing in a stack formation. The two partners should be in a stack formation with the player closest to the boards having a ball in their stick.
- The coach numbers the pairings either one or two, with group 1 going on the whistle, followed by group two, once the group in front gets to the rag line.
- The partner at the front of the line starts by applying pressure on the lead shoulder of the ball carrier, allowing themselves to get pushed back such as in a "bull dodge" scenario.
- After getting pushed back several metres, the player without the ball should "push off" of the ball carrier, rolling toward the far boards and receiving a "dump pass" from the ball carrier (who also uses footwork to create separation). Players switch roles each rep, working their way across or down the floor.
- Variation #2 (5 min): "Consecutive Catches Game." Same as the above variations of the drill except have players keep track of how many times in a row they catch the ball without a drop. If a ball is dropped, players must start their count over from zero.